Build Your Brunch
We torched a fig, but you can do your own thing.
We stacked whipped honey ricotta, prosciutto, torched fig, with thyme vinegar reduction on sourdough toast!
- Pick your toast (sourdough or rye are preferred) thick cut!
- Pick your spread (ricotta, mascarpone, cream cheese, cottage cheese)
- Pick your fruit (stone fruit or citrus… no bananas*)
- Pick your herb (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary
- Pick your vinegar (champagne, red wine, balsamic, apple, basic white)
- Pick your sweetener (honey, maple, cane sugar…)
- Pick your add on (prosciutto, toasted nuts, something salty…)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar or liquid sweetener
In a small pot measure vinegar, sugar (or 3 Tbs liquid sweetener), and a few sprigs of herbs.
Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid becomes reduced and syrup-like.
- Caramelized fruit
- Add on something salty
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs
- Drizzle with vinegar reduction & sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
Cut your bread and brush with olive oil.
Place in the oven under the broiler to toast.
Cut your fruit and brush with the vinegar reduction.
Place under broiler or use a hand torch to lightly burn/caramelize.