Summer Kale Corn Salad
- 4 kale leaves
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 garlic clove sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- Cilantro to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 small Lime juice
1. Using a knife, cut out the thick stems of the kale leaves and discard (because they are gross). Chop the leaves into small pieces. Place in bowl.
2. Mince red onion, slice garlic, chop bell pepper and set aside.
3. In a small bowel, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, red pepper and a splash of lime juice.
4. Drizzle a small portion onto kale leaves. Using your hand, massage the leaves until coated with the dressing.
5. Divide portions of kale onto plates and spoon equal portions of corn, onion, bell pepper and garlic onto the bed of kale.
6. Drizzle more of the dressing onto each plate, coating the salad as necessary.
7. Sprinkle generous amounts (we mean GENEROUS) of cilantro onto each plate as the final garnish