Mediterranean Quinoa salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
Cook either on the stove or in a rice cooker.
After quinoa has been cooked, spread out on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator to cool quickly.
After completely cool, transfer to mixing bowl.
Add to that bowl
- 1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced cilantro
- ¼ cup diced parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup grape tomatoes *halved
- ½ cup pitted black olives, Optional
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and serve!